Friday, October 3, 2008

Three Cheers for Friday!

TGIF!  Even though I work most Sundays this time of the year, I still get very excited when Friday rolls around.   I DO take Saturdays off so it is the beginning of MY weekend.  We usually go to my parent's house for dinner on Fridays (another reason I enjoy this day...no cooking!).  

Tonight was different though.  It was our districts, Sycamore, homecoming festivities and my daughter is a cheerleader.  She got to ride in the back of the pick-up as a part of the parade.  I was so excited to greet her when she ended at the junior high.  I ran up to her to find out she was sick to her stomach.  She was adamant about wanting to go home.  Not wanting to push her to cheer and find her throwing up on the field; I took her home.  We got home, she changed into her pj's and then felt better!!!  We still had time to make it back to the school for her to cheer so she, Josh (my husband) and I got back into the car and back to the school.  Not only did she feel better but she cheered better than I have ever seen before!  I also got to say "hello" to my 6th grade teacher, Mr. Hurst.  I see him every year at homecoming and get excited each time!

I took the cheer photos for the Aviator Youth Cheerleaders last year and again this year.  I will be posting some of those pictures soon.  The girls are so cute and enthusiastic.   I was glad I had the opportunity to talk to a number of the girl's moms.  They really liked their pictures and some made appointments for their own personal family shoots!  

Enjoy your Friday :)


post signature