Monday, September 22, 2008

Look What The Wind Blew In!





We had quite a wind storm last week.  I couldn't believe the weather forecasters were so off.  They predicted 30 mph winds followed by heavy rainfall.  What we got, as you already know if you're from Cincy, is 70 mph winds.  That is the speed of hurricane winds!  We lost a tree in the last storm but only a few branches in this one.  Of course, we lost power.  We were fortunate to get our power back on Monday.  I feel very sorry for those who are still without power and for those people who were injured because of the storm.  

This whole wind storm did help me feel less sorry for myself by thinking about the people in Texas and Louisiana who are not only without power but without homes.  My prayers go out to them.

On a lighter note, the storm brought everyone outside.  There was nothing to do inside and the weather was actually beautiful the day after.  We went to the park; my kids with their friends and I with my camera.  A few moms thought it would be a great idea to have their daughter's pictures taken.  These girls were SO SUPER ENTHUSIASTIC!  Talk about photogenic!  I have seen "A" out and about and she has been very excited to see her images online.  I am sure "B" can't wait either.  Enjoy!

post signature